Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My makeup vanity! With organization tips!

 Hello Hello everyone!
I wanted to share with you guys how I organized my little vanity. I do have a small room so I tried to make use of the small space.

This is an overview of what it looks like.
Desk is from IKEA! Only $20. It is called the Laiva Desk. The only downfall of this desk is that it is meant for a computer. So in the back it has a slit where the cable cords are suppose to fall through. Instead I put a board there and put all my eyeshadow palette, mac fluids, and a container w/ qtips & cottonballs. Oh also it does not have drawers which is a pain! But the price is right and I have used different methods to store things. 

Mirror I got from Macys. Which was ALOT on the expensive side. I totally regret spending so much money on it. I found out there is an exact mirror you can buy at Target for $20.

The cream colored ottoman I bought from TJ MAXX for $14! What a bargain. And I love how you can open it up and store many things into it. This helps when you have a small room!! I store my cleaning materials inside.

The plastic containers on the right is from the Container Store! It is on sale right now for $8.99 each! I really like the quality of the containers. It comes with 3 drawers and helps me organize my makeup. I organize the drawers in the following order: First drawer contains foundations, 2nd Face powders, 3rd primers, 4th highlighters & concealers, 5th blushes, 6th bronzers, paintpots, and eyeshadows. This helps me know where everything is!
The accessory tree on the left was given as a gift but I do know you can get these at either Ross or Tj Maxx for no more than $10. I put bracelets and earrings.

Lastly, I went to the dollar store and got two vases to store my makeup brushes! You may use any vases and decorate them with either ribbon. I know that many people use the small acrylic balls to hold their makeup brushes but I figured it was just too expensive for my budget. I bought a pack of those blue stones for $3.

Please comment if you have any questions! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment